Re: [ontolog-forum] DBpedia as Tables *and* Extensional & Intensional

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:41:08 -0500
Kingsley -

On Nov 29, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

Simple test for you, provide an identifier that denotes something in JCL that you believe addresses your particular concerns re., RDF (the system behind the Semantic Web effort).

My concern is that using whatever language one wishes to mention, by the time it gets down to working software that is depended upon my organizations, the semantics, the context has been largely stripped out.

In that sense is JCL any different than RDF?

How do the so called semantics of RDF make it any easier for a newbie to understand the intent of what the code is doing or supposed to do?

RDF isn't about syntax, solely. It is a framework comprised of:

1. model theory
2. abstract syntax
3. concrete syntax.

I'm pretty sure most (all?) other languages can satisfy those requirements.

David Eddy
Babson Park, MA

deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx