Re: [ontolog-forum] DBpedia as Tables *and* Extensional & Intensional

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:36:15 -0500
Kingsley -

On Nov 29, 2013, at 10:28 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

As far as I've been able to discern after 5+ years of wonderful MIT SemanticWeb meetings, the dirty little secret of the SemanticWeb is there's no semantics.

That's false.

I'm glad it is you who took the bait.

If my statement is false, please show me how/where it is so.  We've been over this ground more than once & whatever we've kicked around in the past just hasn't registered.

Think: I'm at that stage in my life where I want to use technology without having to spending 1,000s of hours to understand it.

Please something in English, no impenetrable W3C technical specifications.

Something a non-technical manager in a Fortune 500 company can grok.

Think you're the woman in this YouTube cartoon   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-pLcgq-2M   pitching to this idiot.

I'm not quite that dense—I do know how to spell JCL—but if SemWeb is going to help with legacy systems, this is the sort of "intelligence" you'll need to pitch to.

David Eddy
Babson Park, MA

deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx