Re: [ontolog-forum] DBpedia as Tables release

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 08:33:01 -0500
Michael -

On Nov 28, 2013, at 4:03 AM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:

 Having information about 530 different things in one document/database
is not equal to having made sense of it.

Strong agreement.

Clearly someone's put a LOT of work into that effort.  Very impressive.

But I have a fundamental objection... while this stuff has been nicely arranged hierarchically... just turns out that my collection of legacy systems:

(a) mostly don't have much of an identifiable hierarchy any more (some did at one point, but entropy set in when deadlines & ignorance were applied), and

(b) what hierarchies are in my systems are not congruent with your idea of hierarchy.

I suspect (b) is solvable, but it better be super easy.

Plus, where's the glossary + cross reference so I can see what your definition of X is & every place where X is referenced?  I don't really care what the "correct" definition is (there really isn't a correct definition), but I just want to know what definition you used, so I can map it to my use of a term/phrase in my reality.

David Eddy
Babson Park, MA

deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx