Re: [ontolog-forum] Triadic Sign Relations

To: <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:36:24 +0300
DF wrote:
Event is defined as a subclass of IntangibleIndividual.
> I'm not sure why this was unclear to you.
 The relationship is misleadingly treated as a formal entity,
> Why does this mislead you?
> The inference engine seems to work well.  Is it the name of the upper
ontology class that kills Cyc for you?
AA: We have to agree that the quality (credibility and validity) of upper,
foundation ontology means everything for future knowledge technologies and
semantic applications. That is mostly determined by 2 things:
ontological status the developers assign to the key entities: substances,
states, qualities, quantities, events, changes, and processes;
ontological status the developers assign to the key parts of the world, the
relationships of causality, space, time, part-whole, etc.
If somebody creates a  world model for machines where events and
relationships are  nonexistent, both really and virtually, then such
machines and applications will sure fail to face "harsh realities."
Again, if somebody's own reality excludes events and relationships as real
world things, then such person will certainly fail to face "harsh
realities".
Azamat Abdoullaev    (01)