Re: [ontolog-forum] ISO merged ontology effort "MCO"

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:54:59 -0400
What I mean by an NL interface is not just a string search, but an
interpreter that can determine to some extent the intended meaning of a
phrase, so someone can determine, e.g. "are there any sailing ship types
that have three masts?" - and if none exist in the ontology, suggest a way
to represent that, and its place in the hierarchy.  The current interface
does not do that.  Cyc did have an interactive demo that assists knowledge
enterers, but that is not part of the public open version.    (01)

Pat    (02)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.
908-561-3416