Re: [ontolog-forum] ISO merged ontology effort "MCO"

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:56:34 -0400
I do not disagree with you but I would like to see a document that
describes how a better result could actually be obtained.    (01)

At the level of detail of the current argument, both sides have said
everything that they can.
Both sides are not budging and it does not seem to be very fruitful,
plowing the same things over and over.
It is time for the proponents to add some details and for the opponents
to raise issue with the details.    (02)

Perhaps the project will evolve to including Lenat but without more
details it is hard to know how that would work and what would have to be
fixed, if Cyc was available.    (03)

My hope for a project of this size would be to get some tools and
training built so that ontologies are easier to construct and are easier
to use for practical purposes.    (04)

Ron    (05)