Re: [ontolog-forum] Is there something I missed?

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ian Bailey" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 19:25:15 -0000

Hi Ali,

In a fully extensional ontology (yes, I’m harping on about that again), there is the point in space (which has extent, albeit tending towards zero) and there is you. Extensionally, the point is part of you, if you are “located at” the point. Then there is a naming relationship to the coordinate system (or systems, as the same point can be identified using a multitude of different schemes).

I agree with the principle of n-ary relationships though.

Cheers

--

Ian