Re: [ontolog-forum] Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:52:03 +0000
Frank,    (01)

Machines also live in a tube. That's why we're here isn't it? I'm not
interested in how you or I understand the world, I am interested in how
a machine can simulate some understanding of the world, and that
involves crawling into a pretty small tube.    (02)

I would recommend that you read some of what John has written on this
subject, as it will help clarify a lot of what we are and what we are
not talking about, as well as a comprehensive history of what's already
gone down that tube. That's something people can build on. At least then
when we talk about the specifics we all know we are talking about the
same subject.    (03)

Mike    (04)

--
Mike Bennett