Re: [ontolog-forum] Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Anders W.Tell" <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:27:53 +0100
Rich,    (01)

A positive example could be the way PSL from NIST is being *re*used in
some OMG standards. Both BusinessProcessDM and Executable is being
integrated with PSL through the work of Conrad Bock and others.    (02)

Executable UML
A compact and computationally complete subset of UML 2 with a full
specification of its semantics defined operationally and declaratively.
The operational semantics is executable model with methods written in
Java, with a mapping to UML Activity Diagrams. The declarative semantics
is specified in first order logic and based on PSL.    (03)

The Business Process Definition Metamodel (BPDM) is the first standard
metamodel to facilitate development of service-oriented architectures
within and among enterprises by unifying internal business or department
processes (orchestration) with interactions between businesses or
departments (choreography). It is also the first standard metamodel to
provide uniform performance, enactment, or execution of business
processes by modeling common-sense notions of time and process, as
captured in the Process Specification Language.    (04)

thanks
/anders w. tell
/Toolsmiths    (05)