Re: [ontolog-forum] Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ali Hashemi <ali.hashemi+ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:28:10 -0600

On Jan 21, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Ali Hashemi wrote:

Anyhow, I have three questions for the community:

1) Would people agree that there is a large body of FOL theories that are reused and common to many others? (Not necessarily in the upper ontology sense of concepts being reused, but rather that there are model theoretic structures being reused).

You have to explain what you mean here before we can answer. What does it mean to "re-use" a model-theoretic structure? For that matter, what does it mean to "use" a model-theoretic structure?

Pat Hayes