Re: [ontolog-forum] Wittgenstein and the pictures

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Len Yabloko" <lenya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:26:44 +0000
Frank,     (01)

>If you co-operate with your environment smoothly, you do not need to
>communicate at all.    (02)

Thank you for this observation. This may be stated succinctly as: communication
is ephemeral. I would go further and conclude that communication is not a
primary phenomenon of nature, but rather an epi-phenomenon (or phantom). The
actual emergent phenomenon is culture (or any other form of self-organization).
This may explain why physicist have difficulties explaining communication as
phenomenon that seemingly observed in "action at distance". The same with
nature of information.     (03)

>This also means that thinking is not tied up with using an NL, and the
>building blocks of thinking are not concepts, especially not words.    (04)

I think that thinking is epi-phenomenon as well. So no matter who you dicect it
- you will get some meta-physical notions like concepts. You can call it
language or anything else. All this things are epi-phenomena taking place in
semantics dimension that exists only as emergent link between pragmatic
dimension(goal) and semantic dimension(observation).    (05)

Len Yabloko, Owner/CEO
Next Generation Software
www.ontospace.net    (06)