Re: [ontolog-forum] Wittgenstein and the pictures

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:59:02 +0000 (GMT)
John
Comment just on this:

But the idea that context is proportional to the length of the sign
is wrong.  The context includes all relevant information in the
environment, the surrounding signs, and even background knowledge
that the agents might assume or suggest.
My wording went wrong. Context is reversely proportional to sign elaboration, that is what I intended to say. Like If you have rich context, you need short signs, yes, no etc. If you have poor context, you need  a long long line of explanations.
Just as if you had the beginning of a messageand by every bit added you have a better chance to figure out what comes next.

Kindest regards,

Ferenc Kovacs
alias Frank
Genezistan