Re: [ontolog-forum] Please thread the discussion

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:49:49 -0800

> > Surely as software professionals we can agree that standards are
> > generally a good thing and that this standard is no exception to
> > that rule. Shouldn't we thus conclude that using non-conformant
> > software is to be strongly discouraged?
>
> Sounds right to me.  Is there a list of conformant/nonconformant
> clients somewhere, or a simple way to tell one from the other?  I
> mostly use mutt, which I would bet big money is comformant, and OS
> X's Mail.app, which I'd *suspect* is conformant, but I just don't
> know.    (01)

Well, I've been avoiding name-dropping, but Outlook and Outlook Express
are the culprits here. Their transgressions go beyond threading,
however, but I won't get into that, 'cause it probably constitutes
matters of taste.    (02)

I don't know for a fact, but I'm sure Mutt is conformant. It's actually
not that hard to do, but for some reason Microsoft has remained
intransigent with Outlook / Outlook Express.    (03)

I've only used KMail for the past several years, and it's compliant.    (04)

> > Definitely a pet peeve of mine...
>
> No kidding? :-)    (05)

Can you tell?    (06)

> -chris    (07)