Re: [ontolog-forum] electric sheep

To: Chris Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Wacek Kusnierczyk <Waclaw.Marcin.Kusnierczyk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 21:42:16 +0100
Chris Menzel wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 08:52:18AM +0100, Wacek Kusnierczyk wrote:

>> well, if aristotle's grounds to make the general claim that women have
>> fewer teeth than men was an observation of *one* man (and at least one
>> woman, i guess), then it is not the best example of how to do science.
>> perhaps it is a good example of how philosophers do their work (i hope
>> not).
>>

> And thus I conclude that all people named "Wacek" have poor impressions
> of philosophers. :-)

you see -- i did not even say that i have a poor expression of
philosophers.  (indeed, i do not have such an impressionm quite to the
contrary).  it is so easy to generalize.  i am enjoying both the thread
(except for some occasional anserinely ridiculous responses) and the
philosophical literature, whenever my mind is able to digest it.  but
back to the issue, i do not see why the example's making me suspicious
towards aristotle would have to be, in principle, wrong.     (01)

vQ    (02)