Re: [ontolog-forum] electric sheep

To: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:17:03 -0600
>John wrote:
>''Ontology is something that one could study in science (discovering what
>exists) or in  philosophy
>characterizing what exists) or in both.''
>
>John,
>Ontology is the core of philosophy (Logics, Epistemology, Semantics, etc.)
>and the foundation of all sciences, physical, psychological, social, and
>engineering, thus it sets the most basic assumptions for the world
>knowledge, to be truly represented by the advanced knowledge and semantic
>technology. Other views only depricate its high status of Science of
>sciences.
>
>Azamat    (01)

Carème, the great French chef, once famously
said: "Of all the arts, the highest is
Architecture; and of the branches of
Architecture, the greatest is Confectionery."    (02)

Pat Hayes    (03)

IHMC            (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.    (850)202 4416   office
phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (05)