Re: [ontolog-forum] Ad hoc gathering at Adobe Max 207 in Chicago Sept 30

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mills Davis <lmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:48:36 -0400
Duane,

Sure, let me suggest a topic:  Adobe tool support for semantic modeling in the user interface.

At Project10X, we've been focusing on the application of semantic technology and knowledge modeling in the design of intelligent  user interfaces, mobile adaptive UIs, and 3D immersive environments driven by semantic agents.  The issue we'd like to discuss with Adobe is the need for semantic functionality in the Creative Suite (and other parts of the product line). Adobe products for designers have many great features for developing and editing visual objects, and for modeling human-computer interactions. However, there no capabilities for dealing with these object structures semantically. Adding simple "concept palette"  (e.g., allowing visual objects to "snap-to-concept") would be a place to start.  Just to be clear, we are not talking about visual tools for modeling ontologies along the lines of CMaps, but rather about ways of enabling designers to semantically-enable their rich visual and interaction designs for UI/user experience from semantic models. We'd love to discuss this topic with you and some people from Adobe Labs.

Mills