Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer Cake

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ivan Herman <ivan@xxxxxx>
Cc: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@xxxxxxxxx>, SW-forum list <semantic-web@xxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, semantic_web@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kathryn Blackmond Laskey <klaskey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:30:06 -0400
None of the pieces "go through" any other pieces.  However, "proof"
does border on "unifying logic" as it wraps around to "rule", which
(I am guessing) might mean that unifying logic does have an influence
in how rules and proofs "play together".  (My naive guess would be
that rules are used in proofs, but I don't know that.)  A bigger
concern is that "proof" doesn't even touch "ontology."  That seems
strange to me.  Also, "Query" doesn't touch "Rule."    (01)

Absent any explanation of the diagram, though, I have no idea what
any of this actually means.    (02)

Kathy    (03)