Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminology Question concerning WebArchitecture and

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:16:56 +0300
Denise,    (01)

''A common world model'', or a single global ontology, is a necessary and
sufficient condition of powerful intelligent systems.
For it codifies the unifying principles of all existences, material and
mental, biological and social, physical and virtual, looking for an ultimate
unity in all things of the world.
Due to your inherent knowledge of basic categories of things, like as a
hierarchy of ontological classes and distinctions, your mind has a capacity
to reason abstractly over the world, giving a single name to a multitude of
individual things, comprehending an infinite number of entities under a
single concept, notion or term, understanding a great variety of theories
and models within a single model of reality.
A global ontology has nothing to do with a single world view forcefully
imposed on you free mind, but rather a comprehensive and consistent
representation of dynamic, ever changing reality, integrating, aligning, all
valuable views, paradigms, models, theories, as well the particular
ontologies.
A fundamental ontology is not a matter of choice or discussion. It is an
essential constituent of any knowledge, human or machine-understandable, of
any reasoning, natural or artificial, of any language, natural or formal, of
any artefacts, physical or intelligent, and now can become an integral part
of emerging knowledge society technologies, like upcoming Intelligent Web.    (02)

Best wishes,
Azamat    (03)