Re: [ontolog-forum] Two ontologies that are inconsistent but both needed

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Chris Partridge" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:35:14 +0100
vQ,    (01)

>I think the question of whether an avalanche is a continuant or an
>occurrent is ill-posed,    (02)

I think there is some circularity here.    (03)

I am assuming (a thought experiment) where one is present at something that
people tend to call avalanches, and asking what exists.    (04)

If one accepts the continuant/occurrent distinction then one could
reasonably ask (as I did Barry) whether he thought a continuant or an
occurrent or both existed.    (05)

I am not presupposing, as you seem to suggest, a notion of what an avalanche
is. That is something for you and/or Barry to supply.    (06)

I am happy if you want to take both your definitions below (call them
avalanche#1 and avalanche#2 if you wish). This means that for you, these two
things exist.    (07)

I am suspicious of your discussion of meanings – which are about the
relation of terms to the world – it is rather that exists in the world that
I am interested in.     (08)

Chris    (09)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:46    (011)