Re: [ontolog-forum] Taxonomies and Ontologies

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Chris Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:24:10 -0500
Ontologgers,    (01)

I'm generally pretty laid back about netiquette (really!), but can I
respectfully request that we avoid top-posting in these interesting
discussions?  It is really hard to follow the conversational flow when a
reply is written entirely above a full copy of the message being replied
to, leaving it up to the reader to figure out exactly what points in the
original msg the author is replying to.  This involves not only hunting
around in the original message but awkwardly scrolling back and forth
between it and the reply.  Matters are made no easier when the subject
matter is difficult and requires a lot of thought.    (02)

So, if y'all would, rather than top-posting, could we interleave our
replies to a message with relevant quoted sections from the original?
Since this practice mirrors ordinary conversational flow, it really
helps to increase comprehension and avoid misunderstanding, and hence
helps to keep the quality of discussion high.    (03)

Thanks!    (04)

Chris Menzel    (05)