Re: [ontolog-forum] Taxonomies and Ontologies

To: Jayne.E.Dutra@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Internet Business Logic <ibl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:35:49 -0400
Jayne --    (01)

Once one has nailed down a relationship between ontologies and
taxonomies, there comes the interesting question of what to do with them
(:-)    (02)

As you are in a Knowledge Management area, you may be interested in some
discussions following on from a recent W3C workshop on semantics and
rules systems for reasoning over ontologies.    (03)

The link    (04)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rule-workshop-discuss/2005Jun/att-0006/00-part    (05)

would jump you into the middle of one such discussion.    (06)

Sections 3.2 - 3.6 of the paper
http://www.w3.org/2004/12/rules-ws/paper/19 describe some hopefully
useful examples.    (07)

I hope this may be of interest. Thanks in advance for comments.    (08)

-- Adrian    (09)

--     (010)

Internet Business Logic  --  online at www.reengineeringllc.com    (011)

Reengineering LLC,  PO Box 1412,  Bristol,  CT 06011-1412,  USA    (012)

Phone 860 583 9677     Mobile 860 830 2085     Fax 860 314 1029    (013)

Jayne E Dutra wrote:    (014)