Re: [ontolog-forum] Taxonomies and Ontologies

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Brand Niemann" <bniemann@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:19:45 -0400
The closest I have seen on this is "Building Topic Maps in OWL-DL" by Anne
Cregan at the ExtremeMarkup Language 2005 Conference at
http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/tuesday.html.
I have asked her to convert our FEA-RMO into a topic map for our DRM
Workshop on July 19th to see if this helps relate taxonomies to ontologies.    (01)

Also Thomas Passin's "Explorers Guide to the Semantic Web" has the best
discussion (pages 84-89) of the "Topics Maps and RDF" I have seen (or can
understand).    (02)

Brand    (03)