Re: [ontolog-forum] Re: Conference Call on modeling/formalizing represe

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Patrick Cassidy <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:31:11 -0500
New files for invoices ontology in SKIF format,
samin011.txt, and the Protege import, SMINK011,
are available from:
     ftp://micra.com/ontolog/    (01)

    The SKIF version of the ontology portion that
has been added to the SUMO/MILO specifically for
representing Invoice concepts has been extracted
from the full samin011.txt file and is available as:    (02)

     ftp://micra.com/ontolog/invoice-min.txt    (03)

   Peter Yim has installed the new version of the PROTEGE
ontology SMINK011 on his TightVNC server, and it
can be viewed on his server:    (04)

       http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/
       (login ontolog for view only or ontology to
navigate and manipulate)    (05)

   If the Protege is not running when you log in, the
Protege can be brought up by double-clicking on the
Protege icon near the top of the desktop screen.    (06)

    Since it appears that our conference call will be
delayed, I will be willing to work one-on-one with
any individuals who want to familiarize themselves with
either the Protege or SKIF representations via
email or telephone.  We should be able to find a mutually
convenient time slot.  I will of course respond to
any comments posted on the ontolog list.    (07)

    In working through the core components, I find a number
of issues that might be useful to raise with the
Core Component TC.  If and while there is still time to
make changes in the CC specification, it might be well to
discuss their goals with a view to integrating it into
an upper ontology.  If the ultimate UBL ontology is
going to be able to interpret documents coded with the
CC specification, it can be helpful to clarify
potentially ambiguous concepts, and to avoid CC
definitions that can create problems in formalization.
is there anyone willing to work on this with me
as an intermediary to the CCTC, or should I contact them
directly myself?    (08)

     Pat    (09)

Patrick Cassidy    (010)

MICRA, Inc.                      || (908) 561-3416
735 Belvidere Ave.               || (908) 668-5252 (if no answer)
Plainfield, NJ 07062-2054        || (908) 668-5904 (fax)    (011)

internet:   cassidy@xxxxxxxxx