iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-council] [iaoa-education] decisions (urgent)

To: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, IAOA council <iaoa-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Fabian Neuhaus <fneuhaus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:37:33 -0400

On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:10 AM, Stefano Borgo wrote:    (01)

> Dear all,
> a few decisions for you to make:
> 1) grants: in order to make a decision we need a deadline.
> Is a week before the end of the early registration period (that is,
> 8 April) reasonable as deadline for grant application?    (02)

I assume that registration coincides with payment of the registration
fee? Because in this case people who will apply for a grant will not
register until they have a decision about their grant application.
This means we need to allow for some time between our decision and the
end of the early registration period. Given that Antony is not
available until the 11th, maybe we should move the end of the early
bird registration period for a few days?    (03)

> 2) should someone be allowed to apply for a grant only after s/he
> becomes IAOA member?    (04)

I am in favor to require IAOA membership for the reasons given by
Laure and John    (05)

> 3) the Executive Council suggests to keep the fee low even if this
> means to take some risk.
> Should we stick with the 150 (student) and 250 (regular) proposal?    (06)

I would suggest to go with your 180/280 proposal. This limits the risk
and is still very affordable for a 5 day event.    (07)

Best
Fabian    (08)