iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-council] [iaoa-education] decisions + 1 question

To: IAOA Executive Council <iaoa-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nicola Guarino <nicolguar@xxxxxxxxx>, IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Laure Vieu <vieu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:21:17 +0100
Dear all,    (01)

below is what the statute says. we both have an admission procedure
(that we may implemnt as we wish though), and an expulsion procedure.
so in any case, even after approval, and without any time frame, we can
expell a member (for good reasons).    (02)

my suggestion therefore is that, if you all agree, to change the current
approval procedure reducing the 5 days I give to the EC to raise any
objection to 2 working days.
and this not just now, but all the time.    (03)

please give your opinion    (04)

if such a change is decided, we should remember that we perhaps need to
change the draft bylaws accordingly.    (05)

Laure    (06)

9. Admission of Members    (07)

In order to join the Association, interested parties are required to
fill out a membership form and pay the membership fee. Admission
requests must be approved by the Executive Council. If an applicant is
refused admission, the Executive Council must communicate its reasons in
writing, and the membership fee is to be returned. If an applicant is
denied admission, he or she may appeal the decision to the Assembly.
People applying to become members in connection with their participation
to an initiative (such as a conference or a course) organized by the
Association are entitled to participate in such initiative pending the
confirmation of their admission at the next meeting of the Executive
Council.    (08)

11. Expulsion    (09)

Members can be removed from the Association when they have intentionally
violated the Statute or the Association Rules or other resolutions
approved by the Assembly; when they carry out or support activities
contrary to the purposes of the Association;
or when their behaviour jeopardizes the good name of the Association.
The Executive Council, after having asked the concerned Member to
justify his or her behaviour, can decide expulsion with the vote of two
thirds of its members. Expelled members may appeal to the Assembly; in
such case, their rights and duties are however suspended until the
Assembly’s decision.    (010)