iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-council] [iaoa-education] decisions + 1 question

To: IAOA Executive Council <iaoa-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <nicolguar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:02:11 +0100
Folks,    (01)

        Membership approval by the management board is a standard procedure in
associations, at least in Italy. I believe we just can't delete this from the
statute, from the legal point of view. I understand tha this rule is there to
prevent possible malicious maneuvers against the association's purposes: for
instance, a group of people (possibly not interested at all in the association)
may promote a mass membership campaign just to conquer the power.    (02)

I can't refrain to make a personal note. I myself experienced something similar
in the past: many years ago, I was in an association of divorced fathers
defending their right to see their kids. It was "conquered" by psychologists
who applied for membership just in order to have a privileged channel for their
own businesses… The problem was that, unfortunately, the association had a very
poor statute (and it was not officially registered).    (03)

Rules are useful sometimes, even if they look annoying at first :-)    (04)

Best,    (05)

Nicola    (06)

On 16 Mar 2012, at 15:40, John Bateman wrote:    (07)