Re: [uos-convene] UOS Agenda and Logistical Details

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John A. Bateman" <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:26:34 +0100
[Adam Pease]
> I didn't include that specifically on the agenda since it's not
> something that the three upper ontology representatives have yet
> agreed has merit.  That would be part of the discussion on Tuesday I
> think.  If we were to agree on that goal, and on some methods for
> achieving it, I would think that would be hammered out on Tuesday and
> later presented as part of the joint communique.    (01)

see my previous comments on presuppositions of: "the three upper
ontology representatives". The idea that this is something
that these three have to see as 'having merit' before
it will be discussed, does not bode well and I would be interested
in getting a broader basis of response to this general orientation.    (02)

If 'the three upper ontology representatives' cannot agree on
this, and preferably now, then I see little point in discussion
as it is a precondition for sensible further debate rather
than (yet another) presentation of one-off marketting choices.    (03)

John B.
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (04)