Re: [uos-convene] UOS Agenda and Logistical Details

To: Upper Ontology Summit convention <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Upper Ontology Summit Organizing Committee <uos-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John A. Bateman" <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:09:04 +0100
> Do we have any chance to change this around and give Doug, Nicola and
> myself something like an hour each at some point to present our work?
> Shouldn't an upper ontology summit be taken up in majority by the
> upper ontologists?    (01)

Ì think Adam's point is quite important for another reason:
much of the work that we do in Bremen on interrelating
ontologies depends crucially on a good understanding
of the 'other' upper ontologies, primarily DOLCE and BFO,
but others too. So it would be very helpful if we can
assume that these ontologies have been presented thoroughly
in the discussion in order to take the next steps. Whether
an hour is necessary I am not sure but longer than 10 minutes!    (02)

John B.
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit    (03)