RE: [uos-convene] UOS Agenda and Logistical Details

To: "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:06:14 -0800
I concur with this.     (01)

Mike    (02)

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gruninger [mailto:gruninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 8:08 AM
To: Upper Ontology Summit convention
Subject: Re: [uos-convene] UOS Agenda and Logistical Details    (03)

Hello Adam,    (04)

part of the purpose of this meeting is to discuss possible methods to
relate the existing upper ontologies to each other, which no longer
seems to have any place in your proposed agenda.    (05)

I am not coming to this meeting to advocate any particular ontology, but
I am coming to advocate a plan that will allow us to make technical
progress towards understanding the relationships between existing
ontologies.    (06)

- michael    (07)

Adam Pease wrote:    (08)

> Folks,
>   My attempt to salvage this, since we've all now blocked out time in
> our schedules that needs to be put to good use
>
> Preparation meeting
> Tuesday - 8:30am
> Purposes:     (1) Introduce the three formal upper ontologies
>         (2) Propose a joint public statement
>         (3) Organize a proposal for joint funded work
>
> 8:30am        Nicola Guarino - DOLCE (with Barry if desired)
> 9:30am        Doug Lenat - Cyc
> 10:30am    Adam Pease - SUMO
> 11:30am    discussion
> 12        lunch
> 1        work on a specific public statement - facilitated by Steve
Ray
> 3        work on a specific white paper executive summary for proposal
> 5        adjourn
> 7pm        dinner
>
> Preparation meeting
> Wednesday - 8:30am
> Purposes:    (1) Introduce other schemas, models and taxonomies as
> well as
>             formal non-upper ontologies
>         (2) Discuss how these models could use a formal upper ontology
>
> 8:30        Michael Gruninger - PSL
> 9:00        Matthew West - ISO 11179
> 9:30        John Bateman - Breman ontologies
> 10:00        Dave McComb - GIST
> 10:30        discussion
> 12         lunch
>
> Public meeting
> Wednesday - 1pm
> Puposes:    (1) Introduce the public and press to formal upper
ontology
>         (2) Present the joint work of the previous sessions to the
>             public
>
> 1pm        Adam Pease - SUMO
> 1:30pm        Nicola Guarino - DOLCE (with Barry Smith if desired)
> 2pm        Doug Lenat - Cyc
> 2:30pm        Presentation of the joint statement - Steve Ray
> 3:00pm        Panel discussion - Lenat, Pease, Guarino
> 4:30pm        open discussion
> 5pm        adjourn
>

> Adam

> Adam Pease