Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2013

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 09:56:02 -0500
Dear Matthew,    (01)

I agree with all your points.  I'll just quote the last line:    (02)

> MW: So in essence it is all a matter of quality (fitness for purpose).    (03)

The comment that triggered my exchange with Hans is the note
by Steve, who said that evaluation is "more focused".    (04)

As you showed in your note, evaluation involves quality, fitness
for purpose, requirements, specifications, efficiency, cost,
consistency, completeness, timeliness, accuracy, clarity,
relevance, decisions, and processes in the enterprise.    (05)

Those terms, which I took from your note, could be expanded further
to include almost anything in IT, the enterprise that uses IT,
and the employees and customers of the enterprise.    (06)