Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2013

To: "'Ontology Summit 2013 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 20:54:41 -0000
Dear John,    (01)

We seem to be in violent agreement.    (02)

> That is why it's impossible to evaluate an ontology in isolation.
> Some are clearly bad for many reasons.  But others can be useful for
> one kind of application, but horrible for another.    (03)

MW: That is exactly why I said that you need to evaluate an ontology against
the requirements. Different ontologies for the same thing will quite
possibly be suitable for one set of requirements but not another.    (04)

Regards    (05)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 1489 880185
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (06)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (07)