Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2013

To: Ontology Summit 2013 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Amanda Vizedom <amanda.vizedom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 15:56:44 -0500
Yes.  Also, for the "ontology quality and large-scale systems" X-track, Mike Bennet and I worked to incorporate these issues as well, as we explicitly took a SWE interpretation of "quality" and assurance thereof.

See the Cross-Track-A1 synthesis at http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2012_Quality_Synthesis, or Summit Session 07 http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_02_23, which focused on it. The related survey we worked on did not, in the end, get to where we wanted it; however, it was explicitly intended to explore correlations between relevant use case features, including architecture and lifecycle ones, and ontology quality issues.

Speaking of products of last year, I should also note that along the way, we started a shared library of related resources -- for the conference in general, but the ontology quality and evaluation directory is perhaps the most populated: https://www.zotero.org/groups/ontologysummit2012/items/collectionKey/TV2QAN4H
That might serve as a seed for this year, if collection of related resources seems valuable to folks (it does to me).

Amanda