[ontology-summit] inundated by the traffic? [was - Re: Ontology Summit 2

To: Ontology Summit 2013 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 07:45:24 -0800
Stephen & All,    (01)

I'll get this done in a moment, Stephen!    (02)

... I should have responded to Stephen off-list; but since this may be
of general interest, therefore, I am choosing to have post this
message to list instead.    (03)

Yes, [ontology-summit] traffic is going to be building up - we
definitely don't want it otherwise. Therefore, for anyone who wants to
engage in the OntologySummit discourse, but don't want that message
traffic to take over his/her inbox, one of the best ways to handle it
is to set up a filter so that messages that has "[ontology-summit]" on
the subject line is automatically put away into a separate folder
(other than "inbox"). One can then get to those messages later, and
still be able to maintain message threading when he/she chimes in.    (04)

Configuring oneself to the "digest" mode is another alternative,
especially if you are just observing and won't be responding to the
messages much at all (since you won't be able to maintain the message
threading on the archives that way.)    (05)

Anyhow, don't "unsubscribe," if you are still planning to engage in
this OntologySummit2013 proceedings - even while all content (online
discourse, session archives) are still openly accessible, you will
probably lose timely announcements and communications that way, and we
will lose you on our roster of those who have participated (and we
don't want that to happen!)    (06)

By the way, subscriptions and unsubscriptions are handled individually
(per email address, per list.) And, "unsubscription" is generally
self-serviced. The footer of each message should indicate how.    (07)

e.g. look at the bottom of this message, it should come with that
footer that includes ...
//

Your sending a blank email from your subscription email address to
<ontology-summit-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> would get you unsubscribed
too (if that's what you really wanted).    (09)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
Peter P. Yim
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PeterYim
--    (010)