Re: [ontology-summit] [BigSystems and SystemsEngineering]Systemofsystems

To: "Ontology Summit 2012 discussion" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Yuriy Milov" <qdone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 15:42:37 -0500
Adding - just to clarify of meaning of univerality of the complex systems
that Stephen Wolfram provides in his "A New Kind of Science" (p 690):    (01)

"... the fact that as soon as one has a system that is universal, adding
further complication to its rules cannot have any fundamental effect. For by
virtue of its universality the system can always ultimately just emulate the
behavior that would be obtained with any more complicated set of rules.
So what this means is that if one looks at a sequence of systems with
progressively more complicated rules, one should expect that the overall
behavior they produce will become more complex only until the threshold of
universality is reached. And as soon as this threshold is passed, there
should then be no further fundamental changes in what one sees."    (02)

http://www.wolframscience.com/nksonline/page-690-text?firstview=1    (03)

Yuriy Milov    (04)