Re: [ontolog-forum] The "qua-entities" paradigm

To: "'Thomas Johnston'" <tmj44p@xxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum]'" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <metasemantics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 11:55:19 -0700

Tom,

Thanks for the lovely, well organized, and well presented list of choices!  It was beautifully done, it seems complete to me, and it thoroughly summarizes the situation.

One small portion escapes my understanding however.  When you wrote:

what I called the "epistemological interpretation" above (approximately Rich's position, I think),

you distinguished my rendition to an "epistemological" interpretation, rather than an ontological one, specifically.  Could you explain to me why exactly you make that distinction?  Perhaps you could also identify what part of my statement is epistemological in your opinion, versus the ontological.

Since you write so clearly and so well, it would be very helpful to more fully understand your reasoning re that distinction.

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper,

Rich Cooper,

Chief Technology Officer,

MetaSemantics Corporation

MetaSemantics AT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com

( 9 4 9 ) 5 2 5-5 7 1 2

http://www.EnglishLogicKernel.com