Re: [ontolog-forum] Dennett on the Darwinism of Memes

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 18:10:44 -0400
On 4/27/2013 5:34 PM, System Administrator wrote:
> The god concept can only exist where understanding ends.  Good science
> seeks understanding, therefore good science must progressively destroy
> the god concept.    (01)

That attitude shows a strong emotional bias that is not likely
to produce any useful scientific insights.    (02)

I was complaining about the use of the "meme" meme by Dawkins and
Dennet as a tool for their program of destroying the god meme.
That leads me to suspect that their methodology is as biased as
a creationist who sets out to disprove evolution.    (03)

I have no quarrel with anybody who does a historical or sociological
study of the consequences (positive or negative) of religion.    (04)

But I do have doubts about their procedures when they invent so-called
"scientific principles" in order to fit a preconceived agenda -- either
pro or con.    (05)