Re: [ontolog-forum] Dennett on the Darwinism of Memes

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 06:23:33 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Mathew West, Pay Hayes, Dr. Sowa and John Bottoms:

There are many things in the universe that are beyond humans or Scientists ability at present.

You can invent electricity and a light bulb and light a room, but you can not light the whole world without Sun.
Considering the fact, that Sun is 92,960,000 miles away from earth, Sun controls life on earth, just like wind.   The fact that most grass does no grow without direct Sun rays is mind boggling.   It takes one small tree that cast the shadow above the grass, which stops the growth or life of that tiny grass.

Scientists can use scientific reasoning to show the dependency, but can not recreate something that huge as Sun.  Such  huge natural  phenomenon is explained using  philosophy  because science, humans have not done it yet.   ( a capacity problem)!

In Hindu philosophy, there is soul (human or life on earth) and then there is Supersoul,  ( God represents the universe, Cosmos and natural forces of the universe).   It is referred as Athma and Paramathma in Sanskrit.   Soul is a minute representation of Supersoul.  That analogy explains the relationship between life on earth and God.

For example, Universe has wind, a natural force, humans have breath.  The moment, humans stop interacting with the universal wind and stop breathing, life cease to exist.   Wind is invisible, so is light.  But you can use sensory organs to feel it.  Even though you are born with eyes, without light you can not see a thing, it is as good as being blind.     Light has to fall on something for the eyes to see it. Light is as necessary as eyes for vision.   (In  Hindu Philosophy, so is the relationship between human and God)!

Science can prove life, and the necessary dependency on natural forces of the universe,     Science has not proven, that
-"God" reaches life thru universal forces,
-or makes his presence felt as universal forces,  and you can use your sensory organs to sense such presence
-or "God" is natural forces.
 Scientists do not presume that.  Hindu Philosophy uses such analogy to prove or assume the presence of God.   Will scientists ever bridge that gap, and how is the big question??

We accept that electricity and bulbs are created by someone, (a narrow focus because we know it)  but we do not accept Sun is created by God or Sun is God ( It is unknown to us).   Scientists assume that it is there by itself?????  It is a natural existence.   Isn't that an assumption too??
Should we be questioning that too??

Thanks for reading,
Pavithra