Re: [ontolog-forum] Dennett on the Darwinism of Memes

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 05:48:15 -0700 (PDT)
In my humble unscientific opinion ( for not all the people on this universe are scientists and they need to have sanity of mind), In Ancient world, the fear of the unknown is  handled by using concept of God, to make it a blessing to the universe that needs to be discovered.   The discovered aspect of the universe at any point in time, the truth, that is discovered in scientific way is science, the undiscovered / or unknown aspect of this universe is still God, the unknown hand from above that guides us.

For example, Hindus believed energy, the natural, universal force of any kind, sun light (solar),  wind, water, fire or even electricity in its basic form (discovered in ancient times)  or any other  kind was worshiped as God, until science proved it/ called it  as energy..

So it is a matter of discovering truth of the universe,  / inventing new things using the existing  things in the universe  that converts unknown to known, God to Science..  that is the only logical explanation a scientist can provide to the rest of the world about God..  In fact a sanskirt verbaige says the same..   Englightenment is removeing the darkness ( unknown or untruth)  of the world with knowledge and leading it to the light or truth.. which is what scientists do anyways..
And God is "Sarvajna"  ( a sanskrit word with equalant meaning as the Latin word "omniscience")   .. which means the person who knows all aspect of the universe, and truth.   (God knows everything, humans knows, only the known things, unknown is yet to be discovered like God)

Regards,
Pavithra