Re: [ontolog-forum] doing standards [was - Re: Webby objects]

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sergei Nirenburg <sergei@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:45:14 -0500
I'll second John's opinion.    (01)

I remember how our group was criticized for ostensibly advocating "upper-case
semantics"
when we insisted on meaningful labels for ontological concepts. And that work
started
also in the early 1980s...    (02)

In addition to generating language, the labels also help lower the cognitive
load of
acquirers, big time. That's not a negligible considerations when large-scale
knowledge
bases are sought for applications that benefit from extensive and multifaceted
inventories
of features.    (03)

Sergei    (04)

On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:33 PM, John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (05)