Re: [ontolog-forum] Accommodating legacy software

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 14:06:06 +0200

Hello Kingsley,    (01)

I think doug really has a point here. Imagine how simple the conversion of a
RDB to RDF would be if we had n-ary relations. Of course the usefulness
of such an 1:1 conversion is doubtful but the entry threshold would be lower.    (02)

Am I right that you are OK with quick and simple conversions to RDF where the
real value is added via mappings later ? Some of your data integration tools
probably work this way.    (03)

I have wondered about the restriction to triples publicly several times and
never got an answer about the reasons for it. Was it for simplicity of
implementation ? Do we really know that n-tuples would be a pain ?    (04)

Regards,    (05)

Michael Brunnbauer    (06)

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer