Re: [ontolog-forum] URIs [was: Truth]

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:55:23 -0400
On Wed, July 11, 2012 12:00, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 7/11/12 11:47 AM, doug foxvog wrote:

>>> ...    (04)

>> That still does not handle the missing owl:sameAs assertions,
>> which i mentioned above.    (05)

> I don't have a problem handling owl:sameAs, owl:equivalentClass,
> owl:equivalentProperty etc.. re. a massive datasets we oversee.    (06)

The issue i tried to raise is that when different people create different
URIs to have what turns out to be the same meaning and do not
specify any owl:sameAs/owl:equivalentClass/owl:equivalentProperty
relationships, the advantage obtained from massive tuple stores
collected from diverse locations is reduced.    (07)

The more that people reuse existing URIs instead of inventing their own,
the more utility the massive tuple stores can provide.    (08)

-- doug f    (09)