Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 12:16:28 -0700

Dear Leo,

Thanks for the thoughts.  I am focused more on organizing the database of columns with unstructured text than on specific generalizations such as event representation at this time.  As I get deeper into the project and need to start writing event handling apparatuses, I will follow your suggestions.

At the moment, I am more oriented toward the Google strategy of using keyword search as the first accessing method to a relational database of cases, which can then be further differentiated by more discriminants, and ultimately generalized to create the concepts.  Rather than starting with the concepts at the top of an ontology, I am starting with the empirical data and finding ways to group it for solving the design issues that arise there.  I will get to concepts AFTER I organize the empirical data.

That is disclosed in the ‘923, which is at

http://www.patent2pdf.com/pdf/07209923.pdf

Thanks for your thoughts,

-Rich

Sincerely,