Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:35:55 -0500
Paul,    (01)

JFS
>> Any proposed technology that does not support smooth interoperability
>> with mainstream IT will be ignored by mainstream IT.    (02)

PT
> That is true, but we needn't conclude that the semantics community must
> supply simplified tools, concepts, or standards for the benefit of
> mainstream IT.    (03)

I did not say or imply simplified tools.  I said "tools that support
smooth interoperability."    (04)

PT
> chief executives should simply demand
> that their IT departments produce demonstrable cost-effective
> improvements in the semantic circuits by which their businesses operate.    (05)

CEOs want results.  It's up to the people who work for them to find
the best way to produce results.   Those few people who tried to
replace RDBs with RDF were fired for producing disasters.    (06)