Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Simon Spero <ses@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 15:30:20 -0500
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM, David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One thing that distresses me about Dublin Core is that to the best of what I've been able to find (it is a big world), Dublin Core does not regard software source code as a document.  Best I've been able to find is that if the source code were printed out—huh?  WHY would you do that?—then it would be a document.  I haven't been able to figure that out.  If on paper its a document, if just electrons then not.  If useless, then document.  If useful, not document.

Did you try looking on the official Dublin Core site?
http://dublincore.org/usage/terms/history/#Software-003

Term Name: Software
URI: http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Software
Namespace: http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/
Label: Software
Definition: A computer program in source or compiled form.
Comment: Examples include a C source file, MS-Windows .exe executable,
or Perl script.
Type of Term: vocabulary-term