Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 00:40:49 -0500

On 22/02/2012 8:25 PM, Hans Polzer wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean by "this will already be tied up
> in system identifiers for free"?
>
>   I should also note that most companies have supply chain partners whose
> ability to support a given company in achieving its objectives would be
> improved by have access to key portions of that company's proprietary data.
> So while a company might not want to make that data publicly accessible, it
> may well want to make it accessible on the Internet to companies with which
> it has relationships. And of course, that set of companies is typically not
> static (compared to say, annual report periods or software
> development/change timeframes).
This will be shared through systems that know the relationships between
the internal and external companies/users and have access controls on
each item and credentials for each user. This is not new technology -
social networking, CMSs, Sharepoint, etc.
Documents already have URIs when they are put into the system but
knowing the URI is not sufficient for access.
  To access a document, you will have to present your credentials in
addition to the URI.    (01)

Ron

Ron Wheeler
President