Re: [ontolog-forum] intangibles (was RE: Why mostclassificationsare fuzz

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:38:34 -0700
Dear John,    (01)

You may be right about Roy Spencer, I don't know
his history, but note that the articles you
referenced as contrasting come from the climate
warming people who are good examples of the
industry that benefits from the global warming
research funding.  I don't know their reputations
either, and further investigation seems not worth
the investment in time it would take to figure it
out.      (02)

I have two words that should be considered: Al
Gore.  Remember the man who, in Brittain, was
found to have something like eleven egregious
errors in his "inconvenient truth" video?  You
know, the man who claimed to have invented the
internet?  The one who was reputed to have
molested a massage therapist in a hotel in
Washington state?      (03)

>From the beginning, when Clinton and others
appeared on the PBS News hour during the Clinton
administration, they refused to entertain opposite
views, or even to allow contrary views to be
considered on the PBS show in which they appeared.
At the time, that was a historic first on PBS News
Hour.  So suppression of opposition, which is the
hallmark of other compulsory regulatory bodies,
was rife until climategate, when disagreements
among the scientists themselves were shown to have
been suppressed until leaked to the media.      (04)

Remember the quotes that "no scientists disagree",
and "scientists unanimously agree that global
warming is real", and other such claims in the
scientific and popular media?  I don't think truth
is to be found in such aversive policies.      (05)

In an atmosphere (sic) where the participants have
much to gain or lose, it isn't too surprising that
such suppression is institutionalized.      (06)

Consider the NLRB, which was filled with ex-union
management appointees by the Obama administration,
and which has halted the Boeing plant in South
Carolina from hiring the thousand employees there.
The plant is sitting empty, while no jobs at all
have been lost, and no layoffs made, in the
Washington state plants where unions have accused
Boeing of retaliation, even without job losses or
layoffs.      (07)

We could go on with this, and we would find
examples that are ultimately shown to be correct
and others that are ultimately shown to be
erroneous, but the principle is clear; regulatory
bodies cause harm at least as much and as often as
they cause useful results to the entrenched
interests.      (08)

I was hoping you and Doug Foxvog could make some
tentative suggestions about how to form a
self-interest ontology.  If you could offer some
ideas, that would be very useful to consider.
Does that stimulate ideas you would care to share?    (09)

-Rich    (010)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com