Re: [ontolog-forum] intangibles: Semantic World

To: <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:12:35 +0300
Doug,
I wish the things could be so simple as you try to present them. But let's
leave aside Dark Energy/Matter for theoretical physicists, which have
already included the elusive subjects as mainstream theories along with
classical and quantum mechanics. Although, it's clear the matter is in need
of heavy ontological works.
What might be actual to discuss within the thread on "intangibles", the new
meanings of "thing" as a mixed entity and "reality" as an global information
space, all in the the context of Future Internet/Internet of Things.
To remind, the IoT is supposed to interrelate Anything/Anyone at
Anytime/Anyplace via Any Network and Any Service, implying Computing,
Convergance, Communication,, Connectivity, Content and Collections (a sort
of matrix 6A x 6C).
The most provocative/interestng definitions i met are as follows:    (01)

"...A "thing" could be defined as a real/physical or digital/virtual entity
that exists and move in space and time and is capable of being identified. "
"The Semantic Reality is to integrate the physical world (the real world
activities) and the virtual world of Internet and Web into a global,
self-organizing information space through the emerging sensor and actuator
technologies."    (02)

Again, "How the virtual/digital world/Web of information resources
influences the real/physical world and vice versa". Namely, what is the
ontological nature of a mixed reality, cyber-physical reality, augmented
virtual reality, if the semantic reality and semantic web is all about
uniting the real and the virtual worlds, etc.    (03)

Now, what kind of universal, global ontology is requested for the Semantic
World applications: Internet of People, Things, Media, and Services,
Semantic Web, or Web X.0, etc.    (04)

Azamat Abdoullaev    (05)