Re: [ontolog-forum] intangibles (was RE: Why most classifications are fu

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:03:16 +0300
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] intangibles (was RE: Why most classifications are fuzzy)

Azamat,

You can think that, but that is not the normal way people use those worlds.  I suggest that you choose different words instead of trying to blur important distinctions.

> I incline to think that reality/tangibility and irreality/intangibility
> are two extremes, allowing the grades of reality//ideality.

There is a very sharp distinction between what exists in our universe and what doesn't.

There is, however, a gradation of levels of confirmation for various hypotheses about what exists.  I suggest that you apply the gradation to degrees of confirmation, not to degrees of existence.

John