Re: [ontolog-forum] Software Engineering — NOT!

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Patrick Durusau <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:08:47 -0500
David,    (01)

> By a show of hands, who here—with the exception of JFS—(1) knows what
> Function Points are, (2) has used them, and (3) is in an organization
> that relies on them?  Don't everyone raise their hands at once.
>     (02)

ANS:    (03)

1) No
2) No
3) No    (04)

but I do appreciate your mentioning it.    (05)

>From just strolling about search results it looks quite interesting.    (06)

I suppose my question would be whether software development is close
enough to the development of navigation/discovery aids for semantic
information to be as useful as it might appear?    (07)

Granting that developing software for navigation/discovery aid for
information is all the rage but the software part really isn't the crux
of the application, navigation/discovery of semantic information is.    (08)

Do the projects in the pricey FP Repositories address that sort of
distinction?     (09)

Or does this community need to develop a data set of that sort of
information?     (010)

Hope you are having a great day!    (011)

Patrick    (012)

PS: I suppose a related question is whether the FP Repositories include
projects that rely upon projects but unknown others to succeed?     (013)