Re: [ontolog-forum] ISO merged ontology effort "MCO"

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:53:31 -0500
On Apr 17, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Irwin, Jess M (IS) wrote:
> All,
>
> Am I the only one having trouble finding the relationship to
> Ontology here.    (01)

Probably not the only one, but the issue at least concerns logic and
logic, as most folks who have anything to do with ontology know, is at
the heart of ontological engineering.    (02)

> Would this not be better served as personal correspondance or
> related to a wikipedia topic on predicate calculus.    (03)

A great deal of the discussion in this forum concerns analysis and
clarification.  Judgments of relevance can vary widely in an open
forum. You have to do some picking and choosing.    (04)

> This forum is rapidly lossing focus, and interest or is that your
> intent.    (05)

I appreciate the concern about the group losing focus, and you could
certainly legitimately judge that my post illustrates the point, but
your suggestion (insofar as I was able to parse the grammar) that it
is my *intent* to decrease the group's focus is, to say the least,
unwarranted.    (06)

> At the very least create a new subject, so I can automatically
> discard it.    (07)

Fair enough.  You might have led by example here.    (08)

Cheers.    (09)

-chris    (010)